So, a quick recap in case anyone hasn't seen Lyndsey's blog; basically the past year of my life included running, and lots of it (gee thanks lyn :)). Of course without Lyndsey setting the ridiculous goal of wanting to do a half-marathon last year, I certainly wouldn't have accomplished what I did (actually what WE - Becky, Lyndsey, and Me). Let me tell you, 13.1 miles is NOT an easy thing to do! I was so proud of all of us that we accomplished it. Becky, of course kicked our butts like usual, I came in second, and Lyndsey right behind me. Maybe that's because of birth order or something, I'm not sure.....
Also, last year consisted of A LOT of yard work. Don't get me wrong, I love where we live now, but the yard was not in the best condition it could've been. . . especially for a person who believes in minimal yard work (I definitely would do well in AZ with desert landscaping.) So, I've included a few before and after pics of our work in the yard. We still have a lot to do, and I'm hoping I will document with photos better, to show what the finished product will be, because we have great plans for the yard. I will, slowly but eventually, replace most of my dirt with either concrete or rocks :)
So, without further delay, and in no particular order, I'm going to showcase pics over the past year, which may or may not bear any relevance on anything I've mentioned above. I'm hoping to get this out of the way, and start fresh for the year. I'm also going to post more of Britt's videos now that I know how. Most of them will be practice videos, and therefore not very long, but its amazing what that kid can do!
Me, Brittany, and Bryan at Grandma Luella's last B-day party. I kept telling her she needed to stick around because we were going to have a great 100th for her - she told me she hoped we had fun, but she had no intentions of being there! We miss you Grandma :)
Turkey Trot 2010 - Not NEARLY as nice of weather as in AZ, but we managed - it was around 12* when we started. It was Brittany's first race, and she did great! We all did great!!
Our 2010 hike up Timp - I'm not sure what I was doing, doing this a week after running a half-marathon..... wait, yes I do. Becky was doing it, and I couldn't let her beat me :)
FINALLY!! Posted pics of the house! Let me tell you, I think the previous owners picked out every bush/tree/plant they could find that was covered in thorns, because I have been poked, prodded, scraped, and cut by dang near everything I've ripped out of the yard so far!
Yeah, in the pic below, most of the shrubs are gone on the left (two left, which will be gone come spring), all of the pavers have been moved out back, the crap growing on the right side - all gone. Ugly tree in the middle...still there. Found out it would cost too much to have it removed to Lyndsey's house, so it'll just get torn down come spring. This area will be turned into a concrete courtyard :)
different view of same area - notice the ugly tree. the horrible shrubs on the left are now gone!
Back yard. On the left has been our main focus. Believe it or not, there's retaining walls under all the weeds. The neighbors behind us were surprised as well, after we uncovered them. The grass is not in the best condition.
And since I can't find any pics right now of some of the 'after' pics, I'll add them next. And I promise it won't be that long til I do!








2 comments:
OH I love that you finally posted!! And Britney's video's are so good
Yay, a post! Finally! Love the video of Brit, Good job!
Post a Comment